The Council provides solutions to make businesses sustainable by identifying, conceptualizing, and implementing projects
- Established in 1974 with offices in India, USA, Africa, Japan, London, Antwerp
- On ground work in India, Africa, Middle East, South East Asia
- Areas of work:
- Climate change
- Energy and Resource efficiency
- Waste management
- Sustainable development
- Thought leadership with "know how to show how"
What we do
at the core of what we do, leading to
Technology development pilots
in energy, resource efficiency,
environment and waste management
Policy Advisory & Outreach
Provide platforms for Engagement
& outreach with policy-makers,
academics, corporates and industry
Advisory & consultancy on strategy
development and implementation for
About TERI Council for Business Sustainability
- A company membership organisation housed within TERI
- In existence since 2001
- Member companies include:
- Public and private sector, including MNCs
- Various industry sectors, sizes and geographies
- Governed by an Executive Committee from member companies
- Agenda funded and driven by members
Services to Individual TERI CBS Members
Sustainability Strategy and RoadmapDevelopment
Participation in Policy Advocacy Initiatives
Performance Benchmarking and Performance improvement
Training and Capacity Building
Mr Puneet Chandra Senior Director Puneet.Chandra@teri.res.in
Mr Arupendra Nath Mullick Vice President Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Shankar Venkateswaran TERI Consultant,
Former chief of Tata Sustainability Group, email@example.com
Ms Pooja Kumar Fellow Mobile: 9891638112 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs C P Sreeja Secretary email@example.com
Mr Aditya Singh Raghwa Associate-corporate partnerships Mobile: 9650352958 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Pankaj Kalyani Project Associate Mobile: 9824995683 email@example.com
What's in it for you?
Make a Business Case for Sustainable Development
- Develop the skill set within your organization to decipher and carry the sustainability baton through exclusive executive seminars for the member organizations.
- The workshop provides the necessary knowledge base for tackle sustainability issues relevant to the organization and sector.
Exhibit Thought Leadership
- Boost your organization's sustainability position in the industry and to the stakeholders.
- We offer our members the privileged platform of TERI to share their success stories, which are then documented and included in our training modules for inspiring other organizations towards sustainability.
Share Organizational Best Practices
- Establish a knowledge flow of best practices to and from a cross section of industry verticals.
- Our quarterly publication (EnCore) and website offers a platform for members to showcase their organizational accomplishments to their stakeholders.
Leverage TERI CBS's Cross Boundary Network
- Leverage TERI BCSD's national and international network and engage with industry stalwarts.
- TERI CBS is a cross industry network of over 100 organizations. The companies represent sectors such as Oil & Gas, Infrastructure, Engineering, Banking & Finance, FMCG, Power, ICT, Metal and Mining, Chemicals, Cement, Pulp and Paper, Automobile, Biotechnology and Consulting.
- Get access to TERI's knowledge reports, magazines, library, latest trends, and development and policy insights.
- TERI CBS facilitates member engagement with TERI's research expertise to develop organization specific solutions, in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable habitat, water management, waste management, biotechnology and climate change.
- Our members also avail a 10% and 15% discount on all programs and workshops conducted by TERI and TERI-CBS respectively.
Influence Policy Framework
- Engage with the policy makers of the nation to share concerns of the industry.
- TERI-CBS engages in policy advocacy and prepares recommendations for policy changes at Central and State governments. In the past, we have undertaken projects that have often formed inputs to government policy change/preparation