The Council provides solutions to make businesses sustainable by identifying, conceptualizing, and implementing projects
What is Business Sustainability?
Business Sustainability is an approach for business to improve profitability, competitiveness, and market share without compromising resources for future generations. It entails governing and operating in a manner which addresses social and environmental concerns thereby, effectively managing the specific agendas of the business, communities, stakeholders and the government.
"Sustainability" encompasses all aspects of ethical business practices, addressing major social, environmental and policy issues responsibly and cost-effectively. Corporates, communities, stakeholders and governments all have specific agendas that have to be managed effectively. Companies need to take control of their sustainability agenda before others do it for them. The sustainability agenda should make strategic sense and be backed up by business cases. TERI CBS helps incorporate sustainability into the business strategy of the company by providing advisory and connecting corporates with other stakeholders and helps them decide what is best for the company.
Business Sustainability is the opportunity for business to improve its profitability, competitiveness, and market share without compromising resources for future generations. TERI CBS (formerly known as TERI BCSD) is a guide to the Indian corporate diaspora encouraging business people to develop a vision of a sustainable company, translate that vision into a management action plan and turn sustainability into a competitive advantage.
Why TERI CBS?
TERI Council for Business Sustainability (CBS) guides you to control your sustainability agenda before others do it for you!!!
TERI CBS is an independent and credible platform for corporate leaders to address issues related to sustainable development and promote leadership in environmental management, social responsibility, and economic performance (the triple bottom line).Presently, the network has more than 100 corporate members across India representing a varied section of Indian industry. Subject experts from these member corporates identify and conceptualize projects and a team of industry members and TERI researchers then work to develop appropriate solutions and strategies for use by the industry. Workshops, trainings, seminars, events and publications are the other outreach activities of the business network. We connect companies, partners, stakeholders and government organizations to address issues and opportunities among sectors and in supply chains. We emphasis on responsible and profitable solutions for corporates with our expertise and experience at TERI Council for Business Sustainability.
How does TERI CBS help?
TERI CBS empowers you with the know-how to identify sustainability issues material to your organization, decipher the approach to address the issues, guides you to operationalize the approach and assists you to report your achievements.
What's in it for you?
- Develop the skill set within your organization to decipher and carry the sustainability baton through exclusive executive seminars for the member organizations.
- The workshop provides the necessary knowledge base for tackle sustainability issues relevant to the organization and sector.
- Boost your organization's sustainability position in the industry and to the stakeholders.
- We offer our members the privileged platform of TERI to share their success stories, which are then documented and included in our training modules for inspiring other organizations towards sustainability.
- Establish a knowledge flow of best practices to and from a cross section of industry verticals.
- Our quarterly publication (EnCore) and website offers a platform for members to showcase their organizational accomplishments to their stakeholders.
- Leverage TERI BCSD's national and international network and engage with industry stalwarts.
- TERI CBS is a cross industry network of over 100 organizations. The companies represent sectors such as Oil & Gas, Infrastructure, Engineering, Banking & Finance, FMCG, Power, ICT, Metal and Mining, Chemicals, Cement, Pulp and Paper, Automobile, Biotechnology and Consulting.
- Get access to TERI's knowledge reports, magazines, library, latest trends, and development and policy insights.
- TERI CBS facilitates member engagement with TERI's research expertise to develop organization specific solutions, in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable habitat, water management, waste management, biotechnology and climate change.
- Our members also avail a 10% and 15% discount on all programs and workshops conducted by TERI and TERI-CBS respectively.
- Engage with the policy makers of the nation to share concerns of the industry.
- TERI-CBS engages in policy advocacy and prepares recommendations for policy changes at Central and State governments. In the past, we have undertaken projects that have often formed inputs to government policy change/preparation