Share your experiences in the sustainability journey.
TERI Council for Business Sustainability provides a platform to progressive organizations to:
- Demonstrate thought Leadership
- Develop capacity to mainstream sustainable development in their practices and policy
- Participate in policy development and influence the policy framework
- Access to knowledge hub, latest development, trends, business practices, policy updates
- Communicate organizational accomplishments in the field of sustainability with peers across the industry
- Leverage TERI CBS wide national & International Network
- Gain Insight to global trends and best practices that can affect businesses.
- Networking opportunities with Global Corporate Leaders, PSUs and other stakeholders.
Corporate can be involved through various ways to engage and associate with TERI Council for Business Sustainability. To know more about membership details write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Puneet Chandra Senior Director Puneet.Chandra@teri.res.in
Mr Arupendra Nath Mullick Fellow/ Area Convener email@example.com
Mr Abhishek Kaushik Associate FellowAbhishek.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Preeti Bathla Research Associatepreeti.email@example.com
Mrs C P Sreeja Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
To express support publicly for the below stated principles and to provide a basis for pursuing environmental improvements at the corporate level.
- Corporate priority-To recognize environmental management among the highest of corporate priorities and as a key determinant to sustainable development, and to establish policies, programmes, and practices to conduct operations in an environmentally sound manner.
- Research-To conduct or support research on the environmental impacts of raw materials, products, processes, emissions, and wastes associated with an enterprise and on the means of minimizing these adverse impacts.
- Integrated management-To integrate these policies, programmes, and practices into all the functions of each business as an essential management element.
- Precautionary approach-To modify the manufacturing and marketing usage of products or services, or the conduct of activities, consistent with scientific and technical understanding, to prevent serious or irreversible environmental degradation.
- Process of improvement-To continue to improve corporate policies, programmes, and the company’s environmental performance, based on technical developments, scientific understanding, consumer needs, and expectations of communities, with legal regulations as a starting point.
- Contractors and suppliers-To promote the adoption of these principles by respective contractors acting on behalf of the enterprises by encouraging improvements in their practices and/or requiring it when appropriate to make then consistent with the enterprise; and to encourage the wider adoption of these principles by suppliers.
- Employee education-To educate, train, and motivate employees to align their lifestyles and activities to environmentally responsible framework.
- Emergency preparedness-To develop and maintain, emergency preparedness plans where significant hazards exist in conjunction with emergency services, relevant authorities, and the local community, recognizing potential transboundary impacts
- Prior assessment-To assess environmental impacts before initiating new activity or project and before decommissioning a facility or vacating a site.
- Transfer of technology-To facilitate the transfer of environmentally sound technology and management methods throughout the industrial and public sectors.
- Products and services-To develop and provide products or services with undue environmental impact and are safe in their intended use, efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources, and recyclable, or safely disposable.
- Contributing to the common effort-To contribute to the development of public policy and to business, governmental, and intergovernmental programmes and educational initiatives.
- Customer advice-To advise and educate customers, distributors, and the public in the safe use, transportation, storage, and disposal of products provided where relevant; and to extend the knowledge to the provision of services.
- Openness to concerns-To foster openness and dialogue about concerns related to potential hazards and impacts of operations, products, wastes or services with employees and the public, anticipating and responding to their concerns about the potential hazards and impacts of operations, products, wastes, or services.
- Facilities and operations-To develop, design, and operate facilities and conduct activities by using energy material efficiently, the sustainable use of renewable resources, minimization of adverse environmental impact and waste generation, and the safe and responsible disposal of residual wastes. The company and is periodic sharing allows appropriate information.
- Compliance and reporting-To measure environmental performance; to conduct regular environmental audits and assessments of compliance with company requirements, legal requirements, and these principles; and, periodically, to provide appropriate information to stakeholders like the Board of Directors, shareholders, employees, authorities, and the public.
Sustainability Charter has been drawn from the ICC's (International Chamber of Commerce's) Business Charter for Sustainable Development
TERI-Council for Business Sustainability
Core 6C, Darbari Seth Block
India Habitat Center
Tel.(+91 11) 2468 2100 and 41504900
Fax (+91 11) 2468 2144 and 24682145
Email ID: email@example.com